Call for abstracts
Submission Deadline: 31 January 2022
Topics for Abstracts, Workshops and Symposia
Please submit your abstract to one of these categories:
- Clinical studies
- Cultural issues
- Intervention studies
- Neurobiology including (epi-)genetics
- New technology and applications for suicide prevention
- Public health approaches
Submissions for Workshops
Proposals can be submitted for a full-day or a half-day pre-conference workshop.
Preconference workshops will be scheduled on Wednesday 24 August 2022.
Submissions for Symposia
Symposia will be a part of the regular program. Symposia should include a chair and four speakers. The chair of the session can be one of the speakers. Each symposium is 90 minutes and each speaker will have approximately 15 minutes to speak to allow time for questions and discussion. The organiser should submit a proposal as a so-called cover abstract. In response, the organiser will receive a code, which the individual symposium contributors need to submit their presentation abstracts. We urge organisers to submit their cover abstract not later than two weeks before the abstract submission deadline (and thus give the speakers at least two weeks’ time to submit their individual abstract). These abstracts must follow the regular abstract format (see below)/
In case of non-approval or cancellation of the Symposium, individual abstracts will be considered as individual submissions and evaluated on their own merit. If approved, they will be allocated to a regular session.
Abstracts must be submitted as a Word file via the online submission form.
You may submit several abstracts at the same time and add or modify abstracts later.
Click on the link below to set up a profile.
Fill in your personal data and complete the submission procedure.
Your abstract(s) have been successfully submitted when you receive an automatic reply confirming your submission(s).
IMPORTANT: The uploaded Word file(s) must contain Title, authors & affiliations and the actual abstract.
Please read the author instructions carefully before submitting your abstract(s).
Click here for step-by-step guidance through the online submission procedure:
Instructions for Authors
- Abstracts should be written in English, not exceeding 350 words and should be submitted as a Word file (.docx or .doc) via the online submission form. The word count does not include the title, authors and affiliations.
- Use font Arial 10 characters per inch (font size 10)
- Use single spacing and type the text unjustified without hyphenating words at line breaks. Use hard returns only to end headings and paragraphs, not to rearrange lines.
- Type your title in sentence case in bold with no full stop at the end
- Type family name first followed by the initials of the first name of the authors (Rubens P.P., Van Eyck J., etc.)
- Type affiliation underneath the authors: Dept., Institution, City, Country (do not mention street addresses, PO boxes or zip codes). When there are multiple affiliations number them as follows and use the semi-colon between the multiple affiliations:
- 1Dept. A, Hospital A, City, Country;2Dept. B, Hospital B, City, Country;3Dept. C, Hospital C, City, Country
Ideally, your abstract is structured as follows: Introduction and/or Aim / Materials and Methods / Results / Discussion and/or Conclusion. In structured abstracts, paragraph headings should be typed in bold followed by a colon and by regular text. Do not use the heading ‘Abstract’ and do not put blank lines in between the paragraph headings. Do not list references in the abstract.
Introduction/Aim: Followed by regular text.
Materials and Methods: Followed by regular text.
Results: Followed by regular text.
Discussion: Followed by regular text.
Conclusions: Followed by regular text.
- If you add a paragraph ‘Acknowledgements’ and/or ‘References’, put a blank line before these paragraph headings.
- Speakers and chairs of accepted individual talks, posters, symposia and workshops are NOT exempted from paying the registration fee.
- Submitters of individual abstracts, symposia and workshop proposals will be notified of the acceptance of their submission by 15 April 2022.
- Speakers and chairs of accepted individual talks, symposia and workshops and poster presenters will be asked to register by 15 June 2022.